Friday, July 22, 2011

My career choice

I've come to a realization today. It's not a surprising one, but it did take me off guard a little bit.

Graduation is a great accomplishment, and I'm very glad to be done with this long & difficult chapter in my life.

I'm happy to be moving down to Provo and starting a new life. But the thing is, now that I'm graduated, and now that I'm deciding on a career (haven't the foggiest on what that might be), I've realized that I don't wanna work.

I know what I wanna do. It's something that I've wanted for a while.

I just wanna be a wife. My job, my ideal occupation, is to make a home, cook a fantastic dinner, dote on my husband when he gets home from work and give my entire life and my entire heart to him. Devote every second of every day to making him happy.

Then, I want to add on, giving my life and my heart to my children. Teach them how to read. Play with them. Spark their imagination. Watch Muppet & Disney movies with them. Be there for them when they get scrapes or bruises, and teach them how to throw a punch at a kid who's picking on them.

That's what I want. It's not fancy. It's not a high-paying, lofty goal. It's not a position of grandeur. But it's what I want. It's what I've wanted for a while.

And for whatever reason, I can't seem to get it, no matter how often I apply for it.

xoxo
Mega-Mega

3 comments:

  1. I understand that want. And this may be unwelcome input, but I think every woman should experience working and being on her own, if she can. It doesn't have to be a life long career. It doesn't have to be lofty or high paying. It'll add a great dimension to yourself when you do get married and have children.

    Congratulations on graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel! If I never had to work at all, I'd be so happy. The only thing I want to do is be a fantastic wife and mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Q is EXACTLY right! Don't rush it, sweetie--it will come soon enough. You need this time to sort some things out on your own--you'll be a better wife and mommy for it...

    ReplyDelete