Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My Aspiration

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

You will never know yourself or the strength of your relationships until both have been tested by adversity.

Climbing out of poverty by your own efforts that is something on which to pride yourself, but poverty itself is romanticized only by fools.

Rock bottom was the solid foundation on which I re-built my life.

Choosing to live in narrow spaces leads to form of mental agoraphobia and that brings its own terrors. I think the willfully unimaginative see more monsters, they are often more afraid. What is more, those who choose not to empathize enable real monsters. For without ever committing an act of outright evil ourselves, we collude through our own apathy.

Failure meant a stripping away of the inessential. I stopped pretending to myself that I was anything other than I was and began diverting all my energy into finishing the only work that mattered to me.

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy.

It is our choices ... that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.

If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.

I have never been remotely ashamed of having been depressed. Never. What's to be ashamed of? I went through a really rough time and I am quite proud that I got out of that.

Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.


This is a woman I hope to some day become even remotely like. Both as a writer, as a woman and as a philanthropist. All of these quotes have given me hope and motivation to be better, and do more. You are my role-model Jo :)

xoxo
Megs

No comments:

Post a Comment