Wednesday, March 2, 2011

It's changing out there...






I felt somewhat inspired to write about this. And I'm sure my sissy, living in Kuwait, will appreciate it as well :)

Recently, in my Islamic Humanities class I've been learning a lot about the culture of the Middle East, caliphs, Sunnis vs Shiites, mosques, the Quran and so much more. There is a particular issue that is occuring at this moment in that part of the world that is really amazing me. And I mean, jaw on the ground, eyes popping out of my skull amazement.

Right now, in Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Yemen, Oman, Bahrain, and Iran there are protests, uprisings, and revolts of citizens against their tyrannical totalitarian leaders. Some have succeeded (Egypt basically forced President Mubarak out of office & the entire people have turned the government over to the military.) and some have not, or haven't yet.

What I wanted to point out is the fantastic opportunity this is for the Gospel to finally make it to the Middle East- a region of the world that only a miracle would cause these countries to open their doors to missionaries. The exact thing could have been said of the Iron Curtain and communism nearly 60 years ago.

I am incredibly hopeful for the future. How wonderful would it be in 10 or 15 years to be called to the Baghdad, Iraq mission? Or the Manama, Bahrain mission? Call me a hopeless romantic or an extreme optimist but I do think this is the beginning of a new chapter for the Middle East. I'm sure it'll take much longer for things to settle down. Let's face it, Africa and the Middle East are always in a state of unrest and chaos. But this could be a turning point in their history, as well as ours.

Someday soon, I predict, the Gospel of Jesus Christ will go to the Middle East. It will finally touch all the corners of the Earth. This is an exciting time to be alive to whitness the winding down of this last dispensation and the beginnings of the Second Coming.

Keep the Islamic community in your prayers!

xoxo
Mega-Mega

No comments:

Post a Comment