Saturday, October 1, 2011

Hindsight is much more than 20-20

So, it's interesting to hear about people who meant something to you in your past at some point, and how they're doing recently.

I'm not gonna spare any vague "walking-on-eggshells" phrases when it comes to my previous relationships. I've dated some real douche bags, who weren't douche bags to begin with, at least not outrightly. But it's only been fairly recently that I've been exposing my heart to nice guys. Guys who honor their priesthood, guys who go to the temple on a regular basis, guys who treat me like an actual human being.

So when I hear about the current circumstances in which my previous boyfriend is in, naturally I'm curious. It was quite the eye opener, but I can't say it's all that surprising.

Let me just say, most fervently, that I dodged a huge bullet. I have never ever been so grateful for a break up than I feel right now towards this guy.

And I feel for this girl who has attached herself to him. While they were dating I had feelings to talk to her about him, to let her know some of the things that bothered me and the red flags I saw but was too bore-sided on not being alone that I ignored them. But it would've seemed awkward, it would've looked like I was trying to "get him back" or separate them for selfish reasons.

In all honesty, by about month 3 of the aftermath of the breakup that was the farthest thing from my mind.

This young woman is such a sweetheart. I never really knew her, only from a far off, but she was a dear. I knew that from the people she spoke with, and her roommates who happened to be my former roommates.

I am so grateful for revelation. And so sick at heart that this young woman is stuck with this dirtbag for eternity. I said from the get-go that I thought she was too pretty, too sweet and too good for him. And that still definitely holds true.

So, even though they suck at the beginning, sometimes break ups can be the best thing that'll ever happen to you. And I'm thankful for my own ability to let go when I know it's wrong.

xoxo
Mega-Mega

No comments:

Post a Comment