Friday, October 1, 2010

This is not the end, this is not the beginning

So, recently I was introduced to the new Linkin Park song from their A Thousand Suns album that came out called "Waiting for the End."

Of course, I always liked Linkin Park. Ever since high school I've liked them as well as some darker bands like Breaking Benjamin, Disturbed, Muse, etc. But this new album, especially this new song, is so different from everything else they've produced & I've found that this song applies to my life perfectly to a T. My favorite part of the lyrics is when he says, "All caught up in the eye of the storm. And trying to figure out what it's like moving on. And I don't even know what kind of things I've said. My mouth kept moving and my mind went dead. So, picking up the pieces, now where to begin? The hardest part of ending is starting again."

How true is that? The hardest part of ending is starting again. That's the worst and best part. I hate feeling left behind, I hate feeling like I've lost a part of myself. But I love the rush of something new, and I love the chance to adapt or change and feel renewed.

I've been listening to this song on repeat for the past few days because every time I feel like I'm going down into a slump, I blast that in my car as I go on a drive and I instantly feel better about my life.

I didn't include the entire song here, but just the segments that I love the most.

This is not the end
This is not the beginning,
Just a voice like a riot
Rocking every revision
But you listen to the tone
And the violet rhythm
Though the words sound steady
Something empty's within 'em

We say Yeah!
With fists flying up in the air
Like we're holding onto something
Thats invisible there,
Cuz we're living at the mercy of
The pain and the fear
Until we dead it, Forget it,
Let it all dissapear.

Waiting for the end to come
Wishing I had strength to stand
This is not what I had planned
It's out of my control....

(Oh!) I know what it takes to move on,
I know how it feels to lie,
All I wanna do
Is trade this life for something new
Holding on to what I haven't got

Sitting in an empty room
Trying to forget the past
This was never meant to last,
I wish it wasn't so...

(Oh!) I know what it takes to move on,
I know how it feels to lie,
All I wanna do
Is trade this life for something new
Holding on to what I haven't got

All I wanna do
Is trade this life for something new
Holding on to what I haven't got...

xoxo
Mega-Mega

1 comment:

  1. Funny how a song can mean so much--no wonder Hollywood uses soundtracks for all their movies. We really do each have a soundtrack for our lives!

    LOVE YOU!
    mummy

    ReplyDelete